Gas cylinders are large, heavy and relatively unstable due to the small base-diameter to height ratio.
Therefore, it is vital to adhere to a few simple rules when storing your gas cylinders.
CHEMSAFE make the GAS SAFE range of gas storage Cages, all based on the following guidance :
- store cylinders in a well-ventilated cage to prevent hazardous gas build up
- covered storage ensures that the cylinders valves are protected from the elements
- store cylinders on a well-drained surface to prevent rusting of the cylinder base
- store cylinders vertically and securely to prevent them from toppling
- store full and empty cylinders separately
- rotate cylinder stock so the oldest cylinders are used first
- segregate cylinders by the properties of the gas (flammable, inert, oxidant, and so on)
- ensure appropriate Hazard signage is used
- Storage of cryogenic, liquefied and heavier-than-air compressed gases should be made with due regard to the dangers of gas collecting in low-lying areas such as drains, basements and ducts.
GAS SAFE Cylinder Storage Cages are heavy duty, fully welded construction with a range of options to suit the site. Designed for both medical and industrial gases.
- All GAS SAFE GAS Cylinder Stores comply with BCGA Storage Guidance.
- Large range of sizes in Static or Mobile gas cylinder cages, with or without shelving.
- Secure hinged or sliding doors as required doors with padlock arrangement provide security
- Clear Hazard labelling ensures safety and compliance with H&S requirements.
- GAS SAFE Stores are made in mild or galvanised steel from heavy duty steel box and angle section. Supplied complete with gas storage warning identification label.
- GAS SAFE units are supplied with Full and Empty signage as required for proper segregation
- All stores are fitted with lugs for easy relocation if required
- All models fitted with cylinder chains restraints
- Racks for small cylinder storage are built in as required